Well, that’s a wrap for Nick’s Marathon 2014! As always, we had a great time gaming for an entire weekend, and we want to thank everyone who watched, played with us, and donated to our cause! We raised over $4,000 so far, and we’re not done yet! (More on that to come…)
Here are a few of the highlights of NM14:
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U was a ton of fun, especially when we had a lot of people playing all at once.
- Mario Kart 8 also led to some pretty heated competitions. The new DLC characters and tracks were great, and Link was especially popular.
- We also played a lot of games based on… well, games. Jeopardy, Family Feud, and Monopoly contests got intense, and we found out who among us REALLY knows their 18th century European history!
- As expected, we consumed mass quantities of junk food, but we also had… vegetables? Yup, this was the healthiest NM to date! And by that I mean, we only ate a small amount of roasted veggies — sometimes served alongside deep fried chicken, but hey, it still counts!
- We’ve had little ones game with us before, but this year, the next generation really represented! On Sunday, we had three kids playing at the same time (with some help from their parents, of course), and it’s great to see that now it’s not just the grown ups who look forward to Nick’s Marathon!
Thanks again to everyone who supported us!